Saturday, January 7, 2012

First day of retirement ride, but........

I've finally made it to retirement, but still have a few issues to close before I am completely separated from my working life. I decided to take a little ride to celebrate, but first had to schedule a couple of appointsments with the eye doctor and dentist since my insurance for those will go away at the end of the month. I have to wait a week for the eye doc, but the dentist will see me today at 10:00 AM. OK, so I'm a little late for the start of this ride, I've been late before. It is noon before I get to take off, and I promptly forget to take my Spot, and my GPS. This problably was for the best as I would have departed from the main trail and done a little more exploring had I been in possesion of the GPS. As it was, I returned home in the dark and bitter cold. BTW, that was about 55*, but hey, this is Arizona! Oh yeah, the trail I'm riding is the Agua Caliente trail begining just north of the breached Gillespie dam on the Gila River and intending to end at Agua Caliente.

No comments:

Post a Comment